Napoleon Independence™ Wood Stove 1450
Napoleon is proud to offer the world renown quality of their clean burning wood technology at an economical price that’s easy on your budget. The Napoleon Independence™ Wood Stove provides the best value for your money – the same clean burning and efficient Napoleon EPA technology, reliability and performance but in a “dressed down” version. Take control of your independence from the utility companies and save money heating your home!
- EPA WOOD BURNING STOVE
- UNIT COMES READY FOR INSTALLATION, COMPLETE WITH PEDESTAL BASE AND CAST IRON DOOR
- An appealing pedestal base provides a well concealed inlet for combustion air which can be drawn from outside to add even more heating efficiency for the Napoleon 1450 Independence.
- The easy operation of a single lever burn control for the Napoleon Wood Burning Stove 1450 regulates primary and secondary air establishing a perfect mixture and providing a clean and efficient burn.
- Wrap around side shields for the 1450 Napoleon model add a delicate balance of elegance and functional practicality helping to disperse heat evenly and reduce clearances to combustibles.
- A non-catalytic high tech design with the Napoleon 1450 eliminates the need for a delicate ceramic catalytic combustor which can deteriorate over time.
- A secondary air tube protected with a stainless steel cover plate ensures complete combustion with the Napoleon Independence.
- A large viewing area through an elegantly arched cast iron door is part of the Napoleon 1450's great design.
- Air wash in combination with high temperatures keeps the viewing glass clean with the amazing Napoleon 1450 Independence.
- The Napoleon Wood Burning 1450's economical 6" flue assures you of efficiency and cost saving installations.
- The upper firebox of the Napoleon Independence is lined with ceramic fiber baffles.
- Cool room air is circulated around the firebox of the Napoleon Wood Burning Stove, heated and returned to the room.
- An optional heat circulating blower increases hot air distribution throughout the room of the Napoleon Independence.
- This Napoleon 1450 model is available in painted black.
- 6" venting
- The Napoleon Wood Burning Independence has a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
|BTU||Heat Output*||High Output (High Burn)**|
|11,400 - 41,300||70,000|
|Firebox Capacity (cu. ft.)||2.25|
|Area Heated (sq. ft.)***||800 - 2,000+|
|Burn Time (Hours)||9|
|Log Size (Max)||18"|
|Mobile Home Approved||Yes (USA Only)|
|Blower Kit Available||Yes|
|Single wall chimney connector from stove to combustibles||6"||12"||12"|
|With approved double wall pipe from stove to combustibles||4"||6"||10"|
|Weight Of Bricks||145 lbs.|
|Weight Without Bricks, Doors or Faceplates||305 lbs.|
|If the stove is to be installed on a combustible floor, it must be placed on an approved non-combustible hearth pad, that extends 8" (200mm) beyond the stove sides and back, and 18" (455mm) to the front. Clearances can be reduced with shielding acceptable to local authorities. Reduced installation must comply with NFPA211 or CAN/CSA-B365.|
*EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) rated BTU/h with softwood test fuel (for emissions only), no refueling.
**Wolf Steel Ltd. own test results showing realistic BTU using hardwood logs with regular refueling. Heat output will differ on chimney draft as well as type, moisture content and size of wood.
***Figures may vary with individual conditions such as floor plan layout, insulation value/heat loss of the house, geographical location and firewood used.
- Up to 70,000 BTU's
- Glass Size: 10 1/2"h x 16 1/4"w
- EPA Certified
- Large Viewing Area
- President’s Limited Lifetime Warranty
About the Manufacturer:
In 1976, Wolfgang Schroeter launched a small steel fabrication business that started by manufacturing steel railings in Barrie, Ontario. Since the first wood stove rolled off the production line over 35 years ago, Wolf Steel's commitment was to be distinctive and successful in everything they do. By 1981 the demand for more had grown, and thus their Napoleon line was born. Since then, demand for Napoleon's products has extended beyond Ontario's borders and into the rest of Canada, the United States, Europe, and the United Kingdom. Napoleon is North America's largest privately owned manufacturer of quality wood and gas fireplaces, gourmet gas and charcoal grills, and outdoor living products.